Global Honors Program - Apply
Please fill out and submit the following information to supplement all other application materials. Deadline to apply is December 2, 2014, February 24, 2015, & April 7, 2015
Incoming Freshmen: On separate sheets (or emailed as attachments in Microsoft Word or rich text format) provide the following information.
1. List any accelerated (ACC), advanced placement (AP), gifted (G), or honors (H) courses you have taken, using indicated codes to designate the type of course.
2. Identify your significant activities, leadership positions, and work experience during grades 9-12. For each activity indicate year(s) of participation. (If there are intervening years between your high school graduation and college matriculation, briefly describe your activities.)
3. Provide the names and phone numbers of two high school teachers (one from the English department) from whom you will request letters of reference. Arrange for letters of reference from the two teachers identified above. Letters must be on official school stationary and should be sent directly to the Lock Haven University Global Honors Program. Applicants should supply teachers with a copy of “Guidelines for Reference Letters.”
4. Indicate how you first heard about the Lock Haven University Global Honors Program.
5. Write an essay of up to 500 words responding tooneof the following four prompts.
Discuss a creative work that has been crucial to the way you see the world and the way you see yourself in the world. Identify the work and how it has influenced you. This creative work could be a biography, film, novel, play, poem, or scientific theory.
Most people belong to many different communities; groups defined by (among other things) shared geography, religion, ethnicity, income, cuisine, interests, race, ideology, or intellectual heritage. Choose one of the communities to which you belong and describe that community and your place within it.
What does it mean to be an engaged Global Citizen?
You just finished writing your 300-page autobiography. Please submit page 217.