Global Honors Program - Apply
Please fill out and submit the following information to supplement all other application materials. Deadline to apply is December 2, 2016, March 2, 2017, & April 6, 2017
Incoming Freshmen: On separate sheets (or emailed as attachments in Microsoft Word or rich text format) provide the following information.
- List any accelerated (ACC), advanced placement (AP), gifted (G), or honors (H) courses you have taken, using indicated codes to designate the type of course.
- Identify your significant activities, leadership positions, and work experience during grades 9-12. For each activity indicate year(s) of participation. (If there are intervening years between your high school graduation and college matriculation, briefly describe your activities.)
- Provide the names and phone numbers of two high school teachers (one from the English department) from whom you will request letters of reference. Arrange for letters of reference from the two teachers identified above. Letters must be on official school stationary and should be sent directly to the Lock Haven University Global Honors Program. Applicants should supply teachers with a copy of “Guidelines for Reference Letters.”
- Indicate how you first heard about the Lock Haven University Global Honors Program.
- Write an essay of up to 500 words responding to one of the following four prompts.
- Discuss a creative work that has been crucial to the way you see the world and the way you see yourself in the world. Identify the work and how it has influenced you. This creative work could be a biography, film, novel, play, poem, or scientific theory.
- Choose the invention that you think has had the most negative impact on our world and explain why you chose that invention.
- What does it mean to be an engaged Global Citizen?
- You just finished writing your 300-page autobiography. Please submit page 217.
- Arrange for an application interview via phone at 570-484-2053, e-mail at email@example.com, or on our website www.lhup.edu/honors. We have interviewers available Monday-Friday, and University Open House days.
The Lock Haven University application is separate from the Global Honors Program application.