Other Recreation Facilities
Work on Zimmerli Gymnasium was completed in 1970. The building takes its name from
Elizabeth K. Zimmerli, Ed.D., Director of Health and Physical Education at the University
from 1946-66. The building contains three gymnasiums, a racquetball court, a cardio-fitness
room, locker/shower facilities, and offices for the Department of Health and Physical
Education and classrooms.
LHU's boxing team's training facility is also located in Zimmerli.
The six-lane indoor pool is the home of the Lock Haven women's swim team.
Built in 1896, Rogers Gymnasium is LHU’s oldest building on campus and was named after student-athlete and World War II veteran James H. Rogers in 1949. The facility is home to a full sized weight room, basketball court and running track.Rogers is used for student and athlete weight training, athletic practices, intramural activities and physical education classes.