LHU Foundation Scholarship Opportunities for Returning Students
The 2016/2017 Foundation Scholarship Applications are now available.
The Lock Haven University Foundation Scholarship Program is held during the spring semester providing recognition and financial assistance to students who are selected using a range of criteria.
STUDENT APPLICANTS, all scholarship applications must be completed online. Please choose a category from the menu to the left.
For incoming FRESHMAN / TRANSFER student scholarships click here.
- Friday, February 12, 2016 Application Deadline … No exceptions!
- Foundation awards and scholarships are presented at the Spring Convocation on April 24 at 2:00 pm in Price Auditorium.
- Students MUST attend LHU for the 2016/2017 academic year to receive the scholarship.
- Recipients must attend the Convocation ceremony and write a letter of thanks to the donor in order to receive awards. The attendance requirement may be waived only if acceptable excuses are received by the Enrollment Management Office no later than Friday, April 22.
- Amounts of Awards are an approximation of what is likely to be available.
- Some awards may be divided among multiple recipients.
- Monetary awards will be applied to fall 2016 semester through the Financial Aid Office. Awards of $1000 or more will be split between the fall 2016 and spring 2017 semesters.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is responsible for making selections?
Most recipients are selected by departmental scholarship committees. General scholarships are processed by a committee comprised of representatives from across the LHU community.
Is financial status considered when making selections?
Financial need is often among the criteria stated in the scholarship when established by the donor, while in some cases, it is eliminated. When not included in the selection statement, if applications have equal qualifications, financial status may become a consideration.
Will an award affect your financial aid?
Federal and State guidelines require that other financial aid be taken into consideration. However, should a reduction be necessary, it will occur in the loan area rather than in the scholarship.
Is there any obligation involved with the scholarship program?
The awards are "gifts" with no repayment required. We do require you to attend the Award Convocation and write a thank you letter to the donor.
Do recipients have to attend Convocation?
Yes, attendance is mandatory in order to receive awards. This is a ceremony which not only recognizes the student recipients but also the benefactors who have established the scholarships. Benefactors may be present. In extreme circumstances, attendance may be waived if the Office of Enrollment Management is notified prior to the event. Individual circumstances will be considered.