2014 Spring Career Fair
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
11:00 am - 2:30 pm
Employers will offer full and part-time jobs, summer jobs and internships.
To view the list of attending organizations:
Students Click here https://c21-shib.symplicity.com/sso/
AlumniClick here https://lhup-csm.symplicity.com/students/index.php
Check back often as we continue to receive registrations from employers.
- All Lock Haven University Students and Alumni may attend from 11:00 - 2:30 p.m. - Early arrival is recommended
- Review the employer infomrmation and know which employers you would like to meet. Research the attending organizations as well as you can prior to the fair.
- Dress neatly. Business attire is not necessary, but sweats and sloppy clothes are inappropriate - it's important to make a good first impression.
- Inappropriately dressed students will not be admitted.
- Khaki, corduroy, twill or cotton pants or skirts, neatly pressed
- Sweaters, twinsets, cardigans, polo/knit shirts
- Solid colors work better than bright patterns
- Khaki, gabardine or cotton pants, neatly pressed
- Cotton long-sleeved button-down shirts, pressed, polo shirts or knit shirts with a collar
- Leather shoes and belt
- Tie optional
- What Not to Wear
- Regardless of gender, when the dress code is business casual it's not appropriate to wear your favorite old t-shirt, ripped jeans and antique sneakers. Keep in mind the "business" part of business casual, and leave your old comfortable clothes at home.
- Resumes are strongly suggested. Don't have a resume? Stop in Career Services, Akeley 114 for help and/or click here for guidelines. You will be taken much more seriously if you take the time to prepare one. DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE!
- Early arrival is recommended so that you may have the opportunity to meet with as many employers as possible.
- Cell phones: Turn off and put away your cell phone.
- Follow-up: Ask employers how they would like you to follow up after the fair.
- Don't limit yourself geographically - you may be surprised! Take advantage of the opportunity to speak with as many employers as possible.
- Employers will be available to speak with candidates on a first-come, first-served basis from 11:00 - 2:00 p.m