Career Planning Timeline
- Learn more about career opportunities related to your major.
- Consider a minor to complement your major.
- Begin to think about options after graduation.
- If considering graduate school, begin researching potential schools.
- Develop your resume.
- Acquire skills in your chosen field through an internship, summer job or other work experience.
- Complete course requirements in major.
- Establish contacts in chosen field.
- Apply to graduate schools and register to take necessary exams.
- Identify and research potential employers.
- Update resume, collect references and establish credential file
- Develop interview skills.
- Develop a professional portfolio.
- Attend job fairs.
- Review job vacancies in Career Services and on the Internet.
- Set up your profile on LinkedIn.