Welcome to the Lock Haven University! We are glad that you have chosen to be a part The Haven family. The University is gearing up to welcome more than 1,000 new students and their families to the Lock Haven this summer.
We strongly encourage family members to attend Summer Orientation with their students. The start of a student's college experience is a very important and exciting time, not only for the student, but for parents and families as well. The more you understand about the college experience, the more helpful you will be to your student during his/her transition. Students and family members are welcome to be a part of the Summer Orientation program. A separate, but concurrent, program has been designed for parents and guests. Please note we do not offer childcare services, however siblings are welcome to attend with parents.
Goals for Summer Orientation:
- To introduce entering undergraduate student to the opportunities and responsibilities of academic life at the University
- To create a welcoming environment that builds a sense of community among the incoming class and connects them to faculty, staff, administrators, and other students
- To familiarize the parent of new student with the University experience and what their students can expect while attending Lock Haven University.
- To introduce incoming students and parents to the resources that are available
- To emphasize to students the importance of being involved on campus and taking responsibility and initiative for their own growth and development
What to expect at orientation:
- Receive your fall classes
- Meet with faculty who can answer your questions about majors, core requirements, etc.
- Meet other new students
- Meet with current LHU students who will be able to answer your questions about college
- Experience residence hall living (Two-day Program)
- Explore ways to get involved in campus activities
- Meet with LHU faculty, staff, and administrators
- Preview important first-year college issues
- Learn about campus life from current LHU students
- Become familiar with LHU's campus
- Gain confidence about starting LHU in the fall
Here is a list of things you will need during your stay at LHU:
- Comfortable shoes (There are a lot of hills in LHU and you will be doing a lot of walking)
- Raincoat and/or umbrella
- Parking Pass
- Cash for snacks and spur-of-the-moment purchases
- Paper and pens for taking notes
- A list of any college classes or AP tests taken during the spring semester
- Your enthusiasm and an open mind!
Registration for Summer 2015 Orientation Coming Soon!