Glennon Student Health Services
LHU Glennon Services provides adequate medical evaluation and treatment to students that are enrolled at the university. No appointments are needed. Walk-in service is provided during posted hours of operation. We make every effort to provide professional care that encourages, educates, and assists our students in developing a healthy lifestyle.
The mission of LHU’s infirmary is to facilitate the retention, academic advancement and graduation of students at LHU by maintaining their maximum health and wellness. We will increase awareness of nursing services offered to students and provide nursing services that include first aid response, screenings, evaluations, and referrals. Health Services will coordinate educational programs on disease prevention including, not limited to:
- General wellness
- Sex education
- Blood pressure, influenza, etc.
It is required that each student has on file a completed medical history form.
Another commonly used form is the Record Release form.
International Student Health Form - This form is for INTERNATIONAL students only.
- Personal history
- Physical examination – within the last year of admission EXCEPT any student
- Complete immunization record -
- Tdap- within the last 10 years
- MMR- 2 vaccinations
- Polio- a series of 3 vaccinations plus booster
- Varicella- date or age of the disease or documentation of 2 vaccinations or blood titer with copies
- Tuberculosis skin testing - Education, Health Science and Athletic Training majors and all International students
- Hepatitis B - includes 3 vaccinations
- Meningitis -current and within the last 5 years if living in the resident halls.
- Insurance - It is strongly recommended that all students be covered by insurance while enrolled at LHU. It is the responsibility of the student to be aware off their insurance coverage should it become necessary for laboratory testing to be done (strep throat test, urine culture, blood test, x-rays, etc.). We currently use Tiadaghton Health Services and Jersey Shore Hospital for all of our laboratory, radiology and emergency services.
- We advise the student or their parent to contact their insurance provider prior to enrollment at LHU especially if the student has "out of network" insurance.
Glennon Student Health Services is not responsible for any cost incurred as a result of non-coverage for laboratory testing, x-rays, etc. that a student requires for illness/injury.
- Any referrals required by an insurance carrier are the responsibility of the student and their Primary Care Provider.
All registered students that have completed the medical form and have submitted it to our office may be evaluated and treated at Glennon Health Services for illnesses and injuries. Spouses and dependents are NOT eligible. The medical form is REQUIRED to be submitted prior to beginning classes at LHU, and includes a personal history, physical examination, complete immunization record, and insurance information.