Eagles Explorer Program
Lock Haven University students have the opportunity to learn about local, state, regional, and national history, culture, and customs through the Eagles Explorer Program. This signature program is an affordable, safe, and smart opportunity for students to learn about the rich and diverse historical and cultural offerings in Lock Haven, Pennsylvania and beyond. The program consists of several educational tours to cities such as New York, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, and more based upon the interest of our students. This diverse program is a hallmark of the Institute of International Studies at Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania.
General Learning Outcomes:
Lock Haven University (domestic and international) students will be able to:
- Prepare themselves to become global citizens by learning about the history, cultures, and customs of other diverse groups within the United States
- Demonstrate their knowledge of the history, cultures, and customs through application both inside and outside of the classroom
- Identify and recognize major landmarks, monuments, and geographic areas within the United States
- Contrast and compare diverse experiences of various geographic areas and groups of people
Benefits of the Program:
- Strengthen bonds between the international community and domestic students
- Increase cultural awareness among all participants
- Allow growth, development, and learning to occur outside of the classroom to foster curiosity inside the classroom
- Incorporate knowledge from inside the classroom to real-life experiences
For more information about the Eagles Explorer Program and to register for events visit the IIS Office (Akeley 126).
|Washington, D.C. (left), Niagra Falls (top), Philadelphia (center), and Hershey Park (bottom)|