Please stop by the Writing Center - second floor, Stevenson Library.
Located in the Stephanie A. Wollock Learning Commons, the Writing Center provides:
- Walk-in, face-to-face tutorial services for any writing task.
- Tutors target 1-3 issues for each writing.
- Tutors and tutees discuss strategies to address the most pressing writing issues.
Please drop by during the following hours for assistance.
Monday -Thursday 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Friday 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Although working with a tutor face-to-face is optimal, online tutoring is also available via the following:
Papers can be submitted as an attachment to email@example.com.
When submitting online, please note the following:
- Online tutoring is intended exclusively for student writers who cannot make writing center hours. Face-to-face tutoring is more effective for addressing writing concerns and discussing effective solutions.
- Online tutoring mimics face-to-face sessions. Responses will focus on 1-3 most pressing issues, point out patterns to identify those issues, and either prompt you with questions or offer multiple approaches to improve.
- Working drafts must be attached to your email and provide some background instruction for the tutors including due date, class, assignment topic, and any concerns that you or your professor might have for this assignment.
- Writing Center tutors strive to respond within 24-48 hours. They do not check during the weekend, however.
- lhuwriting is checked according to the following schedule:
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 8:00
For questions, comments, or concerns please contact Tutorial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.