LHU Writing Center
The LHU Writing Center is located in the Stephanie A. Wollock Learning Commons on the Second Floor of Stevenson Library.
The Writing Center provides students with:
- Walk-in, face-to-face tutoring services for any writing tasks assigned in any class.
- Online tutoring via email at firstname.lastname@example.org as tutors have availability. Turnaround may take as long as 48 hours.
- Both walk-in and online tutoring target the improvement of the writer and focus on 1-3 issues on the individual paper. The goal is not simply to correct a paper but to help students discover strategies to address their most pressing writing issues.
We provide students with self-instructional materials and offer computers and printers for students to use.
Fall 2014 Hours
|Monday & Wednesday||12 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday & Thursday||10 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Monday & Thursday||6 p.m. - 8 p.m.|
Online tutoring is intended to increase accessibility of writing center services for those who simply cannot make it into the Center. It should not be seen as a replacement for face to face tutoring where you can interact with the tutor and clarify your exact needs. If you cannot make it to Raub 409, please read the following instructions.
If the instructions are not followed, tutors will not respond to your request.
1. Click link to our web address below. An email text window should automatically pop up.
2. Type your last name and class number in the subject line of your email
3. In text box, please provide the following (feel free to attach assignment sheets if already in a word file):
- Name or type of assignment (essay, lab report, proposal, etc.)
- Specific requirements for the paper (length, formatting style, content if specified, due date)
- Specific writing instruction focus (paragraphing, conclusions, etc.)
- Topic and how you have chosen to address it
- Your primary concerns with the draft or on what areas you would like the tutor to focus. The tutor will not be able to address more than two issues
4. Attach your document to the email and send.
1. Allow up to 48 hours for response. Submit documents 3-4 days in advance of deadlines.
2. Follow instructions. Tutors will not respond to papers submitted with incomplete information.
3. All paper alterations are your responsibility. Tutors have been instructed not to rewrite papers but to point out specific impediments to understanding or patterns of errors and provide strategies to improve.
If you agree to these terms, please use the link below to submit your draft.