Celebration of Scholarship - April 24, 2013
Welcome to the seventh annual Celebration of Scholarship!
The Celebration of Scholarship provides a wonderful opportunity for students and faculty to exhibit creative and scholarly work.
What are the categories of events?
- Performances in music, dance, theatre, poetry, and speech
- Exhibits of paintings, drawings, and sculptures
- Scholarship by discipline presentations and posters by students and faculty
- Classroom presentations of individual and group projects
- Reports on independent studies and internship activities
- Scholarship of teaching presentations and posters by students and faculty
- Phi Kappa Phi Spring Student Symposium
Who is eligible to participate in the Celebration of Scholarship?
All undergraduate students, graduate, and faculty are eligible to participate. Students are encouraged to perform, exhibit, and present on creative and scholarly activities. Faculty are encouraged to share classroom activities, performances, and presentations of work in the discipline or in the scholarship of teaching.
Why should students attend the Celebration of Scholarship?
Students should attend to support their peers and expand their view of creative and scholarly activities that are taking place at the university. Attendance helps create a culture of scholarship and stimulates inquiry.
What are the rewards for participation?
The rewards for attendance and participation include: acknowledgment of your contribution by the University community, scholastic recognition by your peers, and the development of community through participation.