Celebration of Scholarship
1. Showcasing University Talents
Promote a sense of pride and distinction among the university community by showcasing the breadth of scholarly pursuits engaged in on campus.
- Promote and showcase the scholarly activities of the LHU students and faculty.
- Develop a sense of pride and accomplishment in the members of the Lock Haven University community.
2. Learning From Research
Provide a platform for students and faculty to engage in inquiry, apply critical thinking skills, and learn about research beyond their own disciplines.
- Encourage critical thinking that leads to student and faculty inquiry and research.
- Provide a platform for students to defend their explanations and findings relating to their research.
- Link research and theory learned in classes to practice.
- Analyze and synthesize diverse scholarship methods and activities.
3. Communication & Presentation Skills
Encourage the use of technology and effective communication and presentation skills to defend research and promote intellectual discussion.
- Use communication and presentation skills in preparation for field placements and ultimately the world-of-employment.
- Have the opportunity to network with viewers of their work in preparation for professional life activities.
- Think on their feet by fielding questions from the audience in a coherent, organized fashion.
- Demonstrate the effective use of technology in research processes and products.
4. Enrollment Management
Provide a venue to help recruit highly motivated students and engage students in supervised, collaborative research and creative projects to help retain existing students.
- Feature discipline-based scholarship to show potential students what people in the disciplines do.
- Provide direct experience to help students decide on a major.
- Involve students as early as possible in real scholarship.
- Stimulate active learning through application of knowledge as opposed to passive learning as the recipient of knowledge.