Faculty Travel Grants
This grant provides up to $250 per academic year to cover costs associated with attending conferences and workshops related to teaching and leaning across the disciplines or within disciplinary fields of study. Alternative modes of conference/workshop participation, such as videoconferencing and satellite broadcast, will also be considered for funding.
Grant For Support to Enhance Teaching and Learning. Travel support through the Teaching Learning Center is awarded based on the following criteria, in order of priority. It is not meant to serve as travel to conferences for the purposes of presenting papers or workshops, but it is meant to help faculty develop their pedagogical skills by attending conferences and workshops that provide an opportunity to do so. Faculty may receive funding one time during an academic year, unless otherwise noted. You should attach conference or workshop information, travel request authorizations form, and information regarding other funding received or available.
The TLC travel support is awarded based on the following criteria, in order of priority:
- The enhancement of the faculty member’s knowledge and skills in the area of teaching and learning
- Impact: The information, materials and/or skills acquired must be shared with fellow faculty upon completion of project. In addition to a demonstration or discussion, a report should be forwarded to the Chair of the TLC Grant Committee by the end of the calendar year in which the grant was received. Will your project benefit faculty in your own departments or in others as well?
- Qualifications: Does this project enhance those in which you have already engaged or is it a new one?
The following may also be taken into consideration:
- priority of workshop/conference, etc., in terms of the TLC mission
- availability of matching or other funds
- funding already received through TLC
- date of application