WEDnet - Guaranteed Free Training (GFT) Grant
Does your company qualify?
If you're interested in securing free training for your company, you must meet the qualifications for both the GFT program and for the particular training program you are interested in (Basic Skills Training or Information Technology Training).
- Employers must be based in Pennsylvania or have a significant presence in the state.
- Point-of-sale retail businesses, gaming establishments, training vendors, employment agencies, government agencies, government-owned facilities, education and nonprofit entities are ineligible.
- Note: some unions, labor organizations and non-profit healthcare entities may qualify as exceptions. Please contact a WEDnetPA partner for more information.
- Employers with a high historical turnover rate (greater than 50%) may be declared ineligible.
- Prior grant recipients with a high employee turnover (greater than 40%) may be declared ineligible.
- Participation is limited to two years in a row and three out of the past five years.
- Training must commence within five months of the grant approval letter or by the end of the fiscal year, whichever comes first. If not, the funds will be forfeited.
- Employees must be residents of Pennsylvania and employed in Pennsylvania.
- Employees must earn at least 150% of current federal minimum wage, excluding benefits.
- The jobs must be permanent full-time positions eligible for full-time benefits.
Each employer will sign a Statement of Eligibility Memorandum of Agreement confirming that he or she will meet all of the above requirements, subject to verification.
All it takes is a few simple steps to find out how to request more information for Guaranteed Free Training
Step One: Make sure your company qualifies for training.
Step Two: Make sure your company is eligible to receive the training this fiscal year.
WEDnetPA limits the amount of training available to each company ...
companies are limited to receiving funding for two consecutive fiscal years in a row OR three out of the past five fiscal years.
You can check the status of prior-year Guaranteed Free Training applications by entering your company Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) in our
Company Grant History Report
. This report will quickly indicate if your company is eligible this fiscal year.
The report also lists approved applications for both WEDnetPA's Guaranteed Free Training and Customized Job Training (CJT) contracts. Both of these workforce training programs count when evaluating fiscal-year eligibility. The Guaranteed Free Training fiscal year is July 1 to June 30.
If you are unsure of your company FEIN number or need personal assistance to determine if your company qualifies for the GFT Program this fiscal year, please contact Certified WEDnet Partner, Shannon Tyson, at 570.484.3131, or email email@example.com.
Step Three: Submit Inquiry.
If your company meets the qualifications outlined in Step One and Step Two, you can submit a Guaranteed Free Training inquiry - only through a WEDnetPA partner. To start the process, if your company has never had a GFT grant, complete and send our Training Inquiry Form. If your company has previously recieved a GFT grant, please log onto ISAAC and complete the inquiry form. For assistance, please contact Certified WEDnet Partner, Shannon Tyson, at 570.484.3131, or email firstname.lastname@example.org .