LOCK HAVEN UNIVERSITY WRESTLING
LHU CAMP SYSTEM
The Lock Haven University Wrestling Camps are one of the most tradition-rich and historical camp systems in America. Our 2013 camps will be held on the beautiful LHU campus, with four different camps offered, including a Kids Elementary Camp, a Team Camp, an Intensive Camp, and our new Technique Camp.
Our LHU Wrestling Camps incorporate world-class instruction by coaches who have been champions, developed champions, and make learning fun! We also use rugged competition, intense and focused training, along with great facilities and dining to make your experience a memorable one. Additionaly, we also guarantee you and your team a 10:1 camper to clinician ratio.
The key components to our camp system are as follows:
• Wrestlers Taught How to Successfully Drill - A key component to collegiate and world-class success is the ability to drill with intensity, accuracy, and effectiveness. Each day our LHU staff will demonstrate and then evaluate the campers on the principles necessary to get the most out of their drilling. Learning to drill with the focus and intensity of NCAA and Olympic Champions will increase the quality and quantity of your wrestlers' work in the same amount of time they put in each day. Our camp provides them with a system of learning and instruction that they can use as a successful model for their careers.
• Optional Technique Areas - All technique sessions will consist of optional technique areas where the wrestlers will choose the area of technique series that they want to perfect. For example, if you want to become a leg-rider you will attend the leg series session. If you want to become better at beating "leg rides", you will attend the beating leg rides session. We will address all areas of technical wrestling (feet, top, bottom). The wrestlers will choose two areas each technique session.
• Technique Mats and Challenge Mats - During each dual competition session there will be a "technique mat" and "challenge mat" available. These are specifically implemented for your wrestlers to be able to get additional matches in or seek advice on a technical area where they feel the need to imrpove. We encourage all campers to take advantage of these additional benefits.
• Extra Help - Our Lock Haven wrestlers will be available after every session for wrestlers who want to do more to be successful.
• Last but not least, our camps are about wrestlers helping wrestlers. The unique thing about our Lock Haven wrestling camps is that every dollar of profit goes directly to our scholarship fund which is given to our wrestlers on ayearly basis.