LHU Clearfield Campus Profile
LHU Clearfield is….
- A community-based campus of the Lock Haven University.
- The most affordable university in the region.
- Part of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE).
- A great place to start and finish…we are the right size and right fit!
- LHU Clearfield is located in a small, friendly community situated along the West Branch of the Susquehanna River, between I-80 exits 120 and 123 on route 322.
- The town of Clearfield sits amid scenic beauty. It boasts a quiet and pleasant downtown and access to many outdoor activities around the area.
- The Lock Haven Campus, approximately one hour to the east, is accessible to all Clearfield students for educational, social, cultural, and athletic activities.
- Undergraduate Enrollment: 350 students – 62% are traditional aged (18-24) and 61% are seeking degrees full-time.
- 77% female; 62% are from Clearfield County.
- LHU Clearfield is home to cohorts of graduate students completing the Master’s in Health Science - Physician Assistant program (one of four LHU locations).
- 9 undergraduate majors, including associate and bachelor degrees.
- Most popular majors include Nursing and Criminal Justice.
- Non-credit career development programming in healthcare professions.
- Growing number of programs and courses via distance education.
- All taught by highly qualified faculty that deliver on our promise of academic excellence.
LHU Clearfield Offers….
- Academic support services, including access to the Student Learning Resource Center, professional and peer tutoring, skills-focused workshops, and strong connections with faculty.
- Information Technology: wireless access in all academic buildings and open computer labs.
- Student involvement opportunities, including our new Student Leadership Center.
- Convenient living options, including on-campus residential experience.
Faculty and Staff
- 30 full-time employees, including 9 administrative staff and 21 faculty. Courses taught by full-time faculty not graduate students or teaching assistants.
- Admissions staff on-site; financial aid assistance available.
- Academic Development & Counseling (ADAC) faculty on staff to provide personal guidance.