The Writing Center is located in the Stephanie A. Wollock Learning Commons, 2nd floor Stevenson Library. During the fall and spring semesters, The Writing Center provides:
- Walk-in, face-to-face tutorial services for any writing task.
- Tutors target 1-3 issues for each draft.
- Tutors and tutees discuss strategies to address the most pressing writing issues.
The Writing Center is Open:
11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
|Tuesday||10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
|Thursday||10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
Online: The WC inbox (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) is checked at 8:00 PM Monday – Friday. This service is intended for students who are unable to visit the Writing Center during its hours of operation.
The Writing Center functions on a drop-in basis for students and provides support for most writing assignments and papers.
Although working with a tutor face-to-face is optimal, online tutoring is also available via the following:
Papers can be submitted as an attachment to email@example.com.
When submitting online, please note the following:
- Online tutoring is intended exclusively for student writers who cannot make writing center hours. Face-to-face tutoring is more effective for addressing writing concerns and discussing effective solutions.
- Online tutoring mimics face-to-face sessions. Responses identify one to three 1-3 global issues with the piece of writing, point out patterns associated with those issues and either prompt you with questions or offer possible approaches to mitigate the identified issues.
- Working drafts must be attached to your email. In addition provide some background for the tutors including course, assignment requirements, due date and any concerns that you or your professor might have for this assignment.
Please address questions, comments, or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.